Shrimp Pasta Diavolo
You will need:
- 9-ounce package refrigerated linguine
- 12 ounces medium fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup torn fresh basil
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
In a large saucepan cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and return to pan; set aside. Rinse shrimp; pat dry.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion, garlic, and crushed red pepper in hot oil until tender. Stir in tomatoes and tomato sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
Add shrimp to skillet; cover and simmer for 3 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. Add shrimp mixture to pasta. Stir in basil and spinach. Top each serving with Parmesan cheese.